Thursday, March 19, 2009

Get a load of Maroo......


Well tonight was the Non Sporting Club of the Garden State dog show and also a regional specialty for Tibetan Terriers..........Since I was scheduled to show Calvin, a beautiful white with black markings TT at this show I decided to bring Maroo with us for some fun! This would be his second time a dog show and he handled the entire evening wonderfully! Many of the other TT people who were at the show who know about the "Missouri 18" but have not seen Maroo since he left the rescue kennel 2 weeks ago.........I am so pleased to say that everyone could not get over how good he looked... Once I was finished showing Calvin I went back to the grooming area and brought Maroo to ringside so that he could watch the remaining dogs being judged with me.....He sat right next to me the entire time with no signs of fear noted....I even was able to walk him around the show site with ease...........although his tail was not up for most of the time he really enjoyed seeing and meeting so many other dogs! A few times I caught a tail wag from him and that was really good! The only time I did sense that he felt uncomfortable was when a few very large dogs who were crated barked at him as we passed by........but he did freak out........and acted very appropriate for any dog in that situation.......Many of the other TT folks made a fuss over him and he kept eye contact with them, something that he has not done since I have had him in my care......I am very happy that I decided to bring him along and I had the feeling that he actually enjoyed the night out! Once home he played in the yard with my guys and is now resting in his crate sleeping after a very busy day...........Get a load of my little guy Maroo.....a few weeks ago he was sitting in a puppy mill in Missouri and tonight he was strolling around a very large indoor dog show like a true champ! I am so proud of my little guy Maroo.........

No comments:

Post a Comment