Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Maroo the Irish Tibetan Terrier......

Saint Patrick's Day is here again and this year I am working at my office job so I was able to bring Maroo with me to work.......since I was the only one in the office this morning there was not much of a chance for Maroo to meet any new people....So he resting under my desk on his dog bed which I keep there for when he comes to the office with me.........too cute how he looks so comfortable just laying there while I am working........the bed is so comfy that I want to curl up next to him on it :) but then I would not get any work done....This morning before I left the house I searched high and low for the St Patty's Day fabric I bought a few weeks ago to make bandannas for my grooming client dogs and of course my own...I finally found it........light green background with little shamrocks printed on the material......perfect to make bandanna's! Well I cut a triangle of material with my pinking shears and tied the bandanna around Maroo's neck.......He looked so dapper! and away in the car we went.......it is amazing just how much he loves riding in the car.........he seems to take everything in stride including all of the loud noises that traffic can make at times.......We stopped for our morning coffee and bagel......me coffee and Maroo and myself, bagel..........he loves bagels! At the office he is also very clean........no accidents on the carpet since he has been going there with me these past 2 weeks........I do take him out for short walks when I take my break and he does his business out near the curb on a strip of grass..........he still is unsure of cars driving past when he is outside the protection of being inside my own car....much better each day...........but still when he sees a person walking or riding a bike he has issues with that..........usually goes right behind me or stands up placing his front paws on my legs......I just tell him gently that all is ok and that he will be safe........I am pretty sure he understands me because he looks up at me as if to say, "I know I'm safe but I am still not use to all of these new things" When I finished up at work around 2pm I had to drive over to my doctors office to pick up a prescription and Maroo came with me........He waited calmly in the car which was in my view the entire time thru the window of the office while I picked up what I needed.....I then brought him over to my friend Joanne's Pet Boutique in the adjoining shopping center.........he walked around the store without too much trouble until he say another dog .............since he really likes meeting new dogs he quickly went over and say hello in his dog language :) Once the owner of this new dog appeared he then retreated back to his very timid self.......the nice sales person offered him a dog treat but he refused to take it from her.........once she placed it on the floor and walked away as per my instructions he then ate it and seemed to really enjoy it........A few people commented on how cute he looked in his Irish bandanna......Then a delivery man was bringing in new stock items and to my surprise he walked over to this man and almost let the man touch him.........still having issues with females and not so much with new men? I still doubt that he ever saw a female before leaving the puppy mill and this may explain his apprehension with interacting with females.....very sad....but he is slowly getting better..........Well we headed home after this and he had his afternoon run in the yard with my other dogs...........He is still wearing his St Patty's Day bandanna while he is sleeping right next to me on the sofa as I write this entry of my blog.......Maroo had a fun morning and a active afternoon..........His progress is slow in some areas but he is doing awesome in others........

No comments:

Post a Comment