Monday, March 9, 2009

Maroo plays

Well after a 5 days of living with the North Star Tibetans, Maroo has had a break thru.........His first couple of days here at my house were very carefully monitored for his transition from a life of hell to a life of happiness........Of course his safety was also a huge concern.......My pack has always been very good about accepting a new dog who was in need of kindness and understanding........I say this because I have seen it before......."Ralphie" for a example stayed here last summer and was one of the saddest dogs I have ever seen........He had NO play skills with other dogs and was afraid of his own shadow.........each time I would let Ralphie out to play in the yard I had to carefully watch him because he would scale the perimeter of the fenced yard for a way out.......Thank God that the yard is very secure and I am always out there with a new dog for his own protection..........Well after day 7 of his 10 day visit here Ralphie was not only starting to play with my own dogs but he would also jump on my lap and lick my face........something that he NEVER has done to anyone before........I give credit for my dogs bringing him out of his very tight shell...........So it did not surprise that Maroo would be playing the the North Star gang in a few days.........Seeing him jump from dog to dog and wagging his cute little tail last night when all of my gang was outside playing in the warmer than expected March air made my heart feel really good! I am so grateful that my dogs have accepted him into their pack....My Adam, who I knew would do this.........became his big brother....and Maroo has found a mentor in Adam.......following him all around like his shadow......I am so proud of my big guy Adam......I really am!

No comments:

Post a Comment