Saturday, April 18, 2009

Luna and Maroo's fabulous adventure.....

Well early this morning my sister and I were off to Timonium Maryland to show Luna at the Mount Vernon Tibetan Terrier clubs regional specialty.....After last week at the Harrisburg Pa show I was a bit apprehensive about bringing Luna back into the show ring again.....but after a weeks worth of training and bonding with me.......the work paid off! There was a huge difference in the show ring then her previous show.........During the ride down to the show site both Luna and Maroo snuggled and slept soundly on the dog bed which was placed securely in the van to avoid and possible injuries..........I always try to secure my dogs when traveling even it is just a short distance across town.........Both dogs seemed to enjoy the ride very much........occasionally Maroo would sit up and look out of the windows to see the world outside while it was passing by outside of the van......The one thing that has impressed me about Maroo is that he has never had any anxiety about riding in a car.......Since he has really had no history that I know of riding in cars I can only assume that this is all new to him..........I do know that when a very large truck passed by and makes that sound that we all know when trucks pass us on the road he does become a bit anxious, but so do I :) Right now I am dead tired from being up so early this morning to prepare and leave for the show........and Maroo is fast asleep at my feet right now............This has been the 4th dog show he has attended with me and each time has enjoyed the day out very much.........He is an excellent ambassador for our breed when I meet other dog folks at the shows and tell them all about his story.........He is learning to accept new people much easier than he did weeks ago.....still has long to go but he has a sparkle in his eyes these days...........and those who meet him for the first time are charmed with his very sweet nature........Oh well time to take a nap just like my boy Maroo is doing right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment