Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The White House has nothing on Maroo.......



With the news today of first family's new dog all over the television and internet, I have to say that I am disappointed that the Obamas did not decide on a "shelter dog" at the end of the day........Oh I understand that Senator Kennedy gave them this adorable puppy as a gift.......and that the PWD is a wonderful breed.......safe for the daughter who has allergies, but there was something about the hope of an unwanted puppy coming out of a life of turmoil to a life of privilege that gave many of us hope as well.


Spending time with the Missouri rescue TTs at the kennel when we visit each week has shown me something that I did not realize I had inside of myself.....or at least I did not think I had inside of me, that is humility....
Having purebred dogs from reputable breeders most of my life and really never taking a good hard look at the unwanted ones or the dogs which came from the horrors of a puppy mill has shown me that I am capable of sharing my life with a soul that has been damaged.......being able to accept love from a being that only knows how to give love because it is so primal to them and comes from the core of their existence.......not questioning this love.......taking it freely....
In the face of all that has happened to these dogs they still can give love to another being.......regardless if it is human or canine.......I have seen this in the way Maroo interacts with my other dogs and with me. The pure joy in his expression when he is happy playing or cuddling ....This is love at is very core. Seeing and feeling this has humbled me........and made me a better person....
This past weekend I purchased one of those magnetic signs for your car which was in the shape of a dog bone.........the saying read "I love my rescue" as I was showing it to my sister she informed me that there was another sign which was for sale..........this sign read "Who rescued Who?" I probably should have purchased this sign from the vendor at the dog show because those words are exactly how I feel right now......Who did rescue who?

No comments:

Post a Comment