Friday, April 24, 2009

"When I think of home, I think of a place"......




"Whisper" before and after..........
Today I heard some wonderful news from Camille via email..........Our little old lady Whisper who brought tears to my eyes the first time I met her at the kennel is finally going to her new "forever" home! This sweet little gal was in such bad shape when she was rescued from the hell hole in Missouri that it was beyond sadness.........it broke your heart to see her. I know that Camille and the others who work at the kennel spent many an hour getting this poor soul back into shape and ready for adoption. I remember the warm spring day when Camille and I were visiting the Missouri dogs at the kennel and decided to bring Whisper outside with the other dogs for some fresh air..........She had been very sick the weeks before this day and since the weather was so nice we let her have some fresh air in the play yard. She was so happy to be able to spend time with the others and was actually smiling! At this time most of the dogs still had kennel cough so it was important that she was on a good schedule of rest since she was one of the older dogs.......Not only did she pull through the kennel cough with flying colors she became so much more healthier on a diet of good food and plenty of love and attention.
I am uncertain of the relationship between Whisper and my Maroo.......and for all I know she could very well be his biological mother.......Based on the horrific condition she was in when rescued from the puppy mill it is clear that she had been bred many times in the past......I know that a few weeks ago on Easter Sunday when I visited the kennel to spend time with the dogs I brought Maroo over to the fence on the side of the play yard so that he could see his family that were still there.......All of the dogs including Whisper became very excited to see Maroo and they were speaking to each other in their own Tibetan Terrier language! I am sure that Maroo was telling them all about his new life and the others were telling him about how well they were finally feeling now that they had people who loved them taking great care of all of their needs.........I remember how happy Whisper was to see Maroo.......her little tail was wagging so fast and she was doing the famous TT dance that I have come to know all too well over the years.......The others were equally as happy and the day turned out to be more special than I could have hoped for.........
I do not know the two women who have decided to adopt Whisper and bring her into their lives but I can only imagine that they are two very special women to be doing this......And Jerry, who I believe is transporting Whisper to her new home since it is a distance away, somewhere upstate New York I have been told.......very kind of him to be doing this for her!

I love hearing the success stories regarding the Missouri rescue dogs......I have also heard that little "Fred" is in his new home too! .......without any details concerning this great news I really cannot say more than this right now but will as soon as I learn more....
I hope that Whisper's new family will be keeping us posted on her progress and new life in New York.........and will also be sending lots of pictures!
God bless you Whisper.......You have come so far and deserve the loving home that you now have!

No comments:

Post a Comment