Saturday, May 23, 2009

Small dogs, big hearts......


Well this weekend, Memorial day weekend.......I have my "Luna" staying with me. Luna is the cute little girl that I co-own with my sister........daughter of my Liza and Luca......sister to my Richard. Since my sister had to be out of town this weekend and Luna is entered in shows both Sunday and Monday it made sense for me to have her stay here so that I would not have to run back and forth to bring her to both shows.....Well.....Luna is no stranger to my dogs since she has been her many times before........and Maroo has met and played with her in the past. But for some strange reason this time I honestly think that there is a "Spring Affair" in the midst :) Both of them are showing very strong signs of puppy love! Yesterday I thought Maroo's sweet little brown eyes were going to bug out of his head when Luna arrived in the play yard! His entire face lit up with excitement.....You see both Luna and Maroo are about the same size, which makes it much easier for them to play together.........I have noticed this also with my "Sabrina" (Luna's full older sister from a previous litter).......Sabrina is almost a clone of Luna...same markings and size........but Sabrina is such a little Diva that she is very selective with whom she gives her affection to.......most dogs do not make the cut. Oh she tolerates Maroo and will play with him......but can be very bossy and very vocal....something that Maroo just does not find appealing. Luna on the other hand is very much a little lady.......polite, demure, and very sweet to the opposite sex :) A perfect recipe for two star crossed Tibetans on a beautiful Spring afternoon...........Last night when all the gang was resting in the family room after a long day of playing in the gorgeous sunshine.....both Luna and Maroo were cuddled up on the sofa together while I was watching some TV.....Maroo seldom settles down with another dog except his pal Adam......but he certainly settled down with Luna last night! It was just too cute to see how great both of them got along during the day......playing and jumping about.........chasing each other.....drinking out of the same bowl of water.......sharing a toy.........and now they are both sharing a quiet evening together. It is also nice to see Maroo relate to another dog so well, especially a dog who is the same size that he his....all of my other guys are larger than he is with the exception of the spoiled rotten Sabrina :) Well we will certainly have to see what today brings between the two of them....since love is in the Spring air :)

No comments:

Post a Comment